- Something Foggy, This Way Comes -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Remains of the Day -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- A Room With a View -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Will You Be My Friend? -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- WOOF!!! -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Get Down On Your Knees and.... Gravel -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- I Am Streetlamp, Hear Me Roar! -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Fish Out of Water -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Pacific Popsicles at Play -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Self-actualization -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Scratch 'n Sniff -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Signs of Life -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Healing -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Breach of Security -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Phallic Twilight -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Sidewalk Hotel -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Human Comet -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Once Each Day -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- See Me Soar! -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- A Chapstick Moment -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Leprechaun's Delight -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Light Up My Life -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Perils of Reverse Psychology -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- CASE STUDY: The Californian Foot -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Seriously Individual -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- El Nino's Playground -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- A Way To Keep Friends -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Electric Evergreen -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Hostile Weather -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- TK0 -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Window Seat Sunrise -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Nothing Good On, These Days -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Autumn Windfall -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Halloween Casualties -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Environmental Impact -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Coming In To Land -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- View From a Bus -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Taking Some Liberty -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- I Never Regret It -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- The Road Less Traveled -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Peek-a-boo! -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Nice To Have Them -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- The Big Blue -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Valiant Little Vessels -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Lean On Me -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Asphalt Arithmetic -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Moon Light -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Memories of Joy -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- It's All Done With Mirrors -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Urban Dawn -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Where the Buffalo Roam -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Mi Casa Es Tu Casa -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Dinner's in the Oven, Honey -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Seasick -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Pimple on the Face of the Ocean -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Our Modest Star -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Cotton Candy Cloak of Clouds -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Caribbean Blues -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Aquatic Inversions -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- One Night With A Virgin -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- We'll Sail the Seven Seas -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Look Ma, No Responsibilities -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Winding Down -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- What's Down There? -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Twilight Traffic -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Street Bums -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Step On Up! -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Spare a Crumb, Mister? -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Something's Up There -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Soiled Innerds -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Power Runs Through It -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Pipe Dreams -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Paved with Gold -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Out to Lunch -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Night Lake -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Nature Calls -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Missed This One -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Mainstream Bestiality -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- I Dream of Flying -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- I am the Law! -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- How Old is She, Exactly? -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Here Boy! Fetch! -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Help Me -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Greetings, Earthling -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Green Means Go -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Great Day For a Swim! -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Goin' Solo -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Forbidden Splendour -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Flexible Teachings Cast in Stone -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Experiments in Suffering -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Ducks in a Row -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Drinking Water -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Don't Fuck With Me! -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Do Me, Baby! -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Does Size Really Matter? -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Cisco Perspectives -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Oh Lord, Blessed Be This Brick Penis -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Barren Plaza -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Back Alley -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Alien Autopsy -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
- Abortions for Dinner, Darling? -- CAPTIONED PHOTOS
SONGS & MUSIC
LITTLE PIT OF MADNESS
SUM OF THE CHANGES
POETRY & PROSE
REACH TO WHAT REMAINS
DAYS IN THE HIVE OF MAN
THE REVOLUTION OF MAN
MUSE ON THE MUSE
FOETUS IN FOETU
- 2009-01-28 - Up, Up, and Away!!! -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-12-25 - Pyramid of Exploitation -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-12-15 - Ponzi Scheme -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-12-14 - There is Justice -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-12-01 - Confirmation -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-11-27 - Paralyzed by Wealth -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-11-20 - Waxman Rules! -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-11-17 - Less than Ideal(ogical) -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-11-16 - Virtuous Leverage -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-11-12 - The Moment is Now -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-10-16 - A Man I Trust, With a Plan I Trust -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-10-14 - Bottom of the Barrel -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-10-12 - Ideology is Bullshit -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-10-11 - The Architects -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-10-09 - America, Heal Thyself -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-10-07 - Biggest Theft in History -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-10-06 - Reagan is Dead -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-29 - Decoupling to Begin In Earnest -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-28 - Theft And Robbery Program -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-25 - Now Who's Presumptuous? -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-25 - Knight in Shining Armor -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-22 - Next Up, China Withdraws -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-20 - A Trillion Dollars, Please -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-16 - Stuck Record -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-15 - Bring in the Dems -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-14 - Foresight and Hindsight -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-12 - Killers of Hope -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-09-11 - Boondoggle Party -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-07-30 - It's War -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-07-29 - Freeway Fun -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-07-14 - Whew! -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-06-19 - Run on the Banks... -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-04-22 - I Predicted It, Now It's Here -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-03-16 - Run on Banks Inevitable Now -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-03-04 - Well, Duh!!! -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-03-03 - Class Action Against E-TRADE? -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-02-21 - Rendition of Truth -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-02-19 - May the Best Idea Win -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-02-05 - A Way Out -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-01-31 - Wasteful Government Spending? -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-01-22 - Transition -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-01-18 - Energy New Deal -- COMMENTARY
- 2008-01-15 - Welcome the Recession -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-12-27 - Nowhere to Run -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-12-21 - Having a Problem With Gas -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-12-20 - Ratings Agencies Worthless -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-12-20 - State of Independence? -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-12-19 - Good Morning... This Is Your Wake Up Call -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-12-16 - Shut Up, Mr. Greenspan -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-12-09 - Get In Early? -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-12-09 - Financial Wizards -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-11-28 - Case in Point -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-11-18 - Evisceration is in Order -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-11-11 - Welcome... -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-10-12 - Obstacle -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-10-03 - Need Some Money? -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-09-22 - Looming Crisis in Charity -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-09-17 - Asshole! -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-09-07 - The Only Way Out -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-09-05 - Nuclear Terrorism -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-08-23 - Today's Nugget of Irony -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-08-22 - Even I Feel Sorry For Him Now -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-08-15 - Just a Reminder -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-08-03 - Republicans-b-gone! -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-08-01 - Fishtailing Market -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-07-30 - Trickle-down Economics -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-07-26 - Get Solar Panels, For Free! -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-07-17 - Global Warming Disinformation -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-07-17 - Funny Woman Spouts Quaint Olde Time Views -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-07-16 - Blowback -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-07-09 - A Friend in Iran? -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-07-08 - Letting Them Escape, Deliberately -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-07-07 - US Media Full of Shit -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-07-06 - Somethin's Gotta Give -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-06-24 - Equal Opportunity -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-06-16 - Tax-and-spend Republicans -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-06-15 - Burnout Culture -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-05-21 - Trying to Stave Off a Revolution -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-03-27 - Become a Billionaire... IN 5 EASY STEPS!!! -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-02-25 - Oh, Lord, Wherefore Art Thou??? -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-02-25 - A Military Coup in the US? -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-02-24 - Contemplate This!!! -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-02-22 - What's Hasty About Four Years? -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-02-03 - Every Republican Out of Office -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-01-16 - McCain Opposes Surge By Proxy? -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-01-13 - Stay the Course -- COMMENTARY
- 2007-01-12 - Idiocracy - WATCH IT!!! -- COMMENTARY
12 INCHES OF HEADSPACE - SONGS
 Looking After Myself (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 Up is Down (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 I Want (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 Summer Night (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 Fallen Far Away (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 Moment (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 Give it Up (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 Suburban Night (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 The Shimmering (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 Into the Sun (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 Long Way Home (DOWNLOAD MP3)
 I'll Fly Away (DOWNLOAD MP3)
- alltheequaltoormore - a synonym for "nonetheless"
- assholescence - an adult onset psychological condition that often afflicts old buddies from one's childhood, school years, or college years, by which such buddies progressively turn from being really cool and groovy people into being outright assholes.
- badvertizing - advertizing that is either profoundly ineffective or extremely nefariious in nature
- blacktor - a gender-neutral term for an actor of African ethnicity (compare to "blacktress")
- blacktress - a female actor of African ethnicity (compare to "blacktor")
- blogchive - an archive of old blog postings
- chaosis - a chaotic situation or a state of chaos
- crapplication - an ill-conceived, highly unstable, or extremely poorly designed software application
- delimeter - the length of a footlong subway sandwich (approximately 1 foot, or 0.3048 of a meter). "deli-" is a quantitative prefix similar to "milli-", "centi-", and "deci-". "deli-" is greater than "deci-" (1/10th) but less than 1.
- departy - a farewell / going away / bon voyage celebration event ("depart" + "party")
- desensitive - a state of suppressed sensitivity achieved through a process of desensitization, such as being exposed over a long period of time to increasingly graphic visual depictions of violence (compare to "insensitive")
- dumbographic - the not-so-intelligent segment of the population
- evertheequaltoormore - a synonym for "nevertheless"
- excessible - an adjective used to describe things that are highly addictive and prone to being done or used in excess
- hair spider - a species of parasitic spider (scientific name: Arachnis imitatis hairii), often misstaken for a benign clump or knot of hair, and exhibiting irregular morphology with varied anatomical structure (compare to "dust bunny")
- hatriotism - an unhealthy climate of patriotic fervor that leads to increased xenophobia, bigotry, and hatred of other groups, whether members of "enemy" nations or merely members of the same society but who are not perceived to be fully participating in the nationalistic mood
- horisun - the specific spot on the horizon where the sun rises or sets
- idealuge - a steady torrent of ideas
- impropaganda - propaganda used maliciously to promote a doctrine or cause that can objectively be determined to be harmful to mankind (see similar "badvertizing")
- in-the-nick-of-timeliness - the phenomenon in movies where a preposterously unlikely series of timely events occur - each just at the most impossibly critical moment - in order to move the story forward. If any one of these events were not to occur, the entire story would simply fall apart.
- Maslow's Dog - conditioning a dog to self-actualize at the ring of a bell (see also "Pavlov's Hierarchy of Needs")
- poartry - a creative work that is comprised of a visual artwork with an accompanying poem (art + poetry)
- scumpany - a company that is ethically bankrupt or otherwise devoid of scruples
- sinhibition - the inhibition of certain behaviors out of the belief that they are sinful
- skinterface - an interface scheme for a software application or platform that is carefully designed to facilitate configuration with custom "skins"
- spamtaminated - the condition that an e-mail address gets into when it is eventually captured by a spammer's address harvesting systems. This condition is usually terminal, and once an e-mail address has become spamtaminated, it usually needs to be abandoned for a new one.
- speaking in tongues in cheeks - blathering in a trance-like state, uttering facetious and/or sarcastic outbursts in nonsense made-up languages that noone else can understand
- telecommutications technologies - a subset of telecommunication technologies specifically geared or suited to telecommuting
- varbosity - in computer programming, the practice of compulsively using long and highly descriptive variable names (refers broadly to such naming of all kinds of identifiers, including functions / subroutines / methods, object classes, packages, constands, etc.)
- warporation - a company that profits from war or the fear of war, a company that is part of the military industrial complex ("war" + "corporation")
- Yearthday - an annual celebration, spanning the last day of the old year and the first day of the new year, and celebrated with the exchanging of gifts, the display of fireworks, and symbolic rituals such as the planting of trees (yearly + earth + birthday)
- zeroscaping - the pursuit of the underlying goal of xeriscaping, but through the practice of doing none of said "scaping" - absolutely no water or maintenance is involved
QUOTES AND QUIPS
2008-12-26 - MANKIND - You can't have an accurate view of the events around you unless you accept the utterly insidious nature of the human species.
2009-01-12 - MANKIND - Mankind hasn't truly committed to being one species, with one body, as long as there are many competing nations upon the Earth.
2008-07-05 - MANKIND - Eventually there'll be enough consumers to consume the entire world.
2008-07-06 - MANKIND - The rich have only as much power as you all give them.
2007-04-23 - MANKIND - If you hate pigeons because they can spread disease, then you should hate humans even more.
2007-05-25 - MANKIND - Everything is free, eventually.
2007-04-22 - MANKIND - How civil can war really be?
2007-01-03 - MANKIND - The future must not be obligated to make pilgrimage to the past.
2001-12-03 - MANKIND - Kidding's Speculum: Occam's razor is a conspirator's best friend.
2005-11-09 - MANKIND - The question is not "where are we headed?", the question is "are we headed?"
2004-11-27 - MANKIND - The so-called "main stream" is the stream that is fed by the effluent pipes of the factories that manufacture popular culture.
2004-10-24 - MANKIND - The most effective long term way of reducing the number of people with serious infectious diseases is to, with the help of reproducture health services, reduce the overal number of people.
2004-09-27 - MANKIND - I am no longer naive. I realize now it is all just theft. So, the question is, who are YOU going to steal from?
2004-07-26 - MANKIND - The amount of detail that today we consider lacking in accounts of ages past, is the amount of detail that in ages hence shall be considered lacking in our accounts of today.
2004-06-29 - MANKIND - We all wish to make our lives significant beyond our lives.
2004-06-01 - MANKIND - We should neither take blame for the wrongs of our ancestors, nor take credit for their accomplishments.
2004-01-30 - MANKIND - What do you get when nine billion people all believe that one person can't make a difference?
2003-12-21 - MANKIND - The worst things imaginable have happened in the most beautiful places imaginable.
2003-12-21 - MANKIND - It's no surprise that we look to the stars in a search for intelligent life, since we've come to realize that it cannot be found on Earth.
2003-04-27 - MANKIND - Why take the elevator when you can walk up the stairs?
2003-03-14 - MANKIND - War is so 20th century!
2003-01-19 - MANKIND - To obstruct cultural evolution is to lay the foundation for cultural revolution.
2002-12-16 - MANKIND - I want to help shape the evolution of the organism mankind.
2002-12-10 - MANKIND - As an alternative to growing ever more competitive in order to pursue the limited number of opportunities available, perhaps we should apply our creative energies towards developing inventive ways of expanding the number of opportunities available to all.
2002-09-25 - MANKIND - Big cars, small minds.
2002-07-12 - MANKIND - Give people as much time as they want, and they'll do things quicker than you expect.
2002-03-23 - MANKIND - So, we've tamed the wilderness, have we? Yet humanity is now more dangerous to humans than all of the wild beasts, throughout all of time, put together.
2001-12-23 - MANKIND - Fabric of society?! More like the CHAINS of society that bind us together in a matrix of servitude!
1997-10-16 - MANKIND - Does it surprise you sometimes just how many Neanderthalls are still alive and kicking?
1996-01-17 - MANKIND - If you can't deal with the realities of the disgusting world you're living in, either do something to improve the world or just kill yourself. But, just DON'T sit around doing nothing.
2009-02-19 - THE ENVIRONMENT - Earth's biosphere is one gigantic chemical reaction.
2007-11-27 - THE ENVIRONMENT - If we are not careful, we will squander the fossil fuels that the Earth has bequeathed to us, and we will not use this inheritance in time to build with it the new source of energy to replace the old.
2007-04-23 - THE ENVIRONMENT - If you hate pigeons because they can spread disease, then you should hate humans even more.
2004-11-12 - THE ENVIRONMENT - We are essentially mashing up the complex life system of planet Earth and turning it all into a kind of consumer porridge with which to fuel the engines of wealth creation.
2002-11-04 - THE ENVIRONMENT - If death can be the price to pay for killing one other person, what is the price to pay for killing an entire other species?
2002-10-04 - THE ENVIRONMENT - Animal "husbandry", my ass!
2002-07-12 - THE ENVIRONMENT - An animal-based diet is unhealthy for you, the environment, and the animals your diet is based on.
2001-01-11 - THE ENVIRONMENT - When will 'alternative' energy no longer be thought of as alternative?
1999-08-29 - THE ENVIRONMENT - There are too many people on the planet, and I'm one of them.
2008-01-04 - EXISTENCE - The Universe is just about communication and state relay between different parts of the system.
2008-01-04 - EXISTENCE - If we're in a Universe with life, asking ourselves the question "why is there life?", then who is in the Universes without life asking the question "why isn't there life?" ?
2008-11-22 - EXISTENCE - Life is a problem solved by death.
2007-12-27 - EXISTENCE - If the common reality is materialized from the consensus of the collective, then a lie creates a distortion in the common reality, as it deviates the individually held realities from one another - and, therefore, also from a consensus.
2007-04-08 - EXISTENCE - Is a cell somewhere deep inside someone's heart a part of their heart, a part of their whole body, or a part of all of humanity?
2007-01-15 - EXISTENCE - Reality is no more real than reality itself.
2007-01-15 - EXISTENCE - Life is the ultimate massively multiplayer game.
2007-01-12 - EXISTENCE - Existence is the denial of non-existence.
2005-03-24 - EXISTENCE - The universe is will-powered.
2004-09-29 - EXISTENCE - When you're an ancient, what's a few decades among friends?
2004-05-14 - EXISTENCE - Our individual will is the collective will of all our constituent parts.
2003-07-13 - EXISTENCE - When you're in the void with absolutely nothing all around, what else is there to do but exist?
2003-03-16 - EXISTENCE - Nothing is absolute - not even this precept. What is true is false. What is, is not.
2002-12-26 - EXISTENCE - Life is just something to fill the void.
2002-12-23 - EXISTENCE - Why should it feel so unsettling, when it should really come as quite a relief, to realize that this is all just as a dream?
2002-12-23 - EXISTENCE - It's astounding to me just how vivid a dream life really is.
2002-12-19 - EXISTENCE - If life is a game who's objective is to solve the puzzle before one's time runs out, then I wonder what the greater challenge is: solving the puzzle, or figuring out what the puzzle is that needs solving in the first place.
2002-09-30 - EXISTENCE - What strange beings that make up the cooperative that is me!
2002-09-30 - EXISTENCE - What is this life, if not a game?
2002-09-16 - EXISTENCE - Only one thing can happen simultaneously.
2002-09-16 - EXISTENCE - If you have always existed and always will, then what is this human notion of age, but a measure of your progress through this human experience?
2002-09-16 - EXISTENCE - If each of us had the power to make the world be exactly as we wanted it, would we end up with a type of stalemate? Some sort of equilibrium state in which the world was still not exactly like any of us wants it to be? Perhaps, even, exactly as it currently is?
2002-08-25 - EXISTENCE - There is a greater reality than this one that distracts us briefly. Strive to find your higher self.
2001-01-11 - EXISTENCE - Someday we will find a way to cross the oceans.
2008-02-16 - TECHNOLOGY - A super intelligent machine - with many orders of magnitude more intelligence than humans - would face an inordinately greater existential dilemma than any human ever could.
2007-04-08 - TECHNOLOGY - You can't spell "shampoo" without "sham".
2004-07-28 - TECHNOLOGY - The thing that I like about the & HTML entity is its similarity to "GNU" (GNU's Not Unix). It's kind of self-expanding, if you consider an environment where it's never legal to use the "&" character.
2004-04-20 - TECHNOLOGY - I like to think of the first car of a train as its crumple zone.
2003-04-25 - TECHNOLOGY - Get ready for the Decentralized Age.
2002-08-27 - TECHNOLOGY - Would you rather have more time to enjoy your life, or more shitty products to infuriate the fuck out of you? There is an endless stream of products that promise to add value to your life that will be worthless in two years or less.
2002-03-10 - TECHNOLOGY - My big screen TV really validates me as a human being.
2001-02-02 - TECHNOLOGY - There are two types of solutions: the solution that rocks, and the solution that sinks like a rock.
2000-12-29 - TECHNOLOGY - So many Internet start-ups have com and gone.
1999-06-29 - TECHNOLOGY - The best things in life are undocumented.
1996-07-11 - TECHNOLOGY - Homepage is where the start is.
2009-01-11 - ME - The reason I don't care about my dad dying is that he brought me into a life where I have to die as well. So, fuck him! Thanks for that, dad. Thanks for guaranteeing that I'm gonna have to die. Fuck you!
2008-07-05 - ME - I'm not a complete failure... yet.
2007-02-18 - ME - In the distant future, I am diffuse and all around you.
2007-01-03 - ME - I turned out to be way cooler than anyone could ever have predicted.
2005-01-16 - ME - Americans will call me un-American. History will call me an American original.
2005-01-19 - ME - As long as people only make fun of me after I'm dead.
2004-11-14 - ME - So my life becomes an open dialog with the world, to the extent that the world has any interest in hearing what I have to say.
2004-10-20 - ME - Things that I say that are intended to be funny but that turn out not to be funny, aren't intended to be funny.
2004-10-20 - ME - Things happen in my life for the sole purpose of freaking me out. Stop that!
2002-10-01 - ME - It seems inevitable that, by the standards of this world, my enlightenment should be regarded as madness.
2002-06-16 - ME - I'm not concerned about the possibility of succumbing to vanity, since I'm always confident in life's uncanny ability to humble me.
2001-02-01 - ME - There are few things quite as annoying as a zit on the nostril.
2000-12-21 - ME - I've been described as a freak. Yes.
2000-12-10 - ME - As I grow older, my mind sees better and my eyes see worse.
2000-06-19 - ME - In the famous words of Tom Kidding: "Don't quote me on that."
2000-02-07 - ME - My weight has always been less than ideal...by which, of course, I mean... more than ideal.
1999-12-26 - ME - Hey, I'm a cynic, alright! Tell me something I don't already distrust.
1999-08-15 - ME - I wasn't the only Chris van Rensburg in South Africa. There were thousands of me.
1999-08-05 - ME - Don't do the 'suit and tie' thing - it's against my religion.
1999-??-?? - ME - I wasn't put on this earth to fucking diddle around.
1999-??-?? - ME - I don't make food, I eat it.
1999-??-?? - ME - I'm one for shortcuts. I don't like the idea of unnecessarily expending my precious energy reserves. I like my surplus fat. I've eaten hard to get it.
1998-??-?? - ME - I'm a narcissist, and I love myself even more because of it.
1995-10-29 - ME - Go away, I'm busy.
2009-01-12 - LIFE - You should be motivated not by money, but by finding the purpose of your life and then fulfilling it.
2009-02-10 - LIFE - When you have a good experience, ten years later you're left with all the best parts of the experience. When you buy a product, ten years later you're left with all the worst parts of the product.
2008-07-06 - LIFE - Use every day as an opportunity to remind yourself of how little you need.
2007-10-25 - LIFE - Life, as we so call it, is merely one other manifestation of the perpetuation of form.
2005-01-27 - LIFE - What good is money if it's not buying you time?
2004-11-11 - LIFE - Transform as much hate as possible into resolve and determination and hold tightly onto it. The hate which remains and which cannot be transformed, let it slip free from your grasp.
2004-10-31 - LIFE - Positivity is only useful when built on a foundation of realism.
2004-09-29 - LIFE - The more I expose myself to negative, soul destroying situations, the better equipped I'll be to handle an unrelenting stream of negative, soul destroying situations. Wow! What an uplifting thought. Finally, something to look forward to.
2004-06-14 - LIFE - Challenging the differences that divide us, we must strive to identify with one another.
2004-03-14 - LIFE - Life has this uncanny knack for giving us what OTHER people want.
2004-03-01 - LIFE - Through a mature consciousness, underlying forces that would otherwise manifest themselves as anger can instead be expressed as resolve, resilience, determination, and tenacity.
2003-07-14 - LIFE - It is the nature of the body to become old and youthless.
2003-05-10 - LIFE - Don't take life so personally.
2003-03-16 - LIFE - It is natural for us to align ourselves with the higher power that stands behind us, regardless of who considers that power to be evil, and who considers that power to be good.
2003-03-10 - LIFE - A child is just one more person who could sue me.
2002-12-08 - LIFE - If you think it's hard to imagine life without some person you really love, try to imagine life without yourself.
2002-10-02 - LIFE - Do not be ordinary, unless it is truly your calling in life.
2002-08-26 - LIFE - Life is just a game, but it can be quite a fun game. Unfortunately, there are a selfish few who don't play nice and spoil it for the rest.
2002-08-09 - LIFE - In order to be prepared to live, you have to be prepared to die.
2002-08-08 - LIFE - Sometimes I get the feeling that I am my own daydream.
2002-06-28 - LIFE - If I were you, then you'd be me, and we'd be we, then we'd just be.
2002-06-28 - LIFE - I challenge you to prove that you're not me.
2002-06-08 - LIFE - The purpose of this existence is learning to fly.
2002-05-29 - LIFE - We live many lives. Just look at all the people around you.
2002-05-12 - LIFE - So, nudism, then... you've got the balls to show, but have you got the balls to show them?
2002-05-11 - LIFE - Try before you die.
2002-03-04 - LIFE - I am my own private reality show. Watch me.
2002-02-03 - LIFE - Keep the cynicism alive.
2002-01-10 - LIFE - One of the tell-tale signs of aging is getting older.
2001-12-03 - LIFE - Life is too short to allow yourself to be of no consequence in the scheme of things.
2001-09-01 - LIFE - Being aware of risks is constructive, but being fearful is counter-productive.
2001-08-18 - LIFE - Life offers an endless supply of flies for your ointment.
2001-02-02 - LIFE - There's always something that screws you. Sometimes that can be a good thing, but in most cases it's not.
2000-12-29 - LIFE - The truth shall set you free, but it just may be behind bars that you find it.
2000-11-21 - LIFE - There are enough bad things that happen in life to detract from any good thing that may happen to you.
2000-05-29 - LIFE - Do great things for the desire to do great things, not for the desire to be remembered for doing great things.
1999-12-19 - LIFE - Life is a series of catastrophes, separated by sleep.
1999-08-15 - LIFE - Life is too short to be too sane.
1999-06-21 - LIFE - All the things that happen will determine our fate.
1999-??-?? - LIFE - You need to have time to make time.
1998-??-?? - LIFE - It's better to have dined and crapped, than not to have dined at all.
1998-05-28 - LIFE - Save money, spend time.
1997-08-25 - LIFE - Achieve something: aim at your goals and hit something else instead.
1997-07-13 - LIFE - Life is a product of your own stupidity.
1997-01-23 - LIFE - It's better not to have tried at all, than to have tried and failed.
1995-06-27 - LIFE - "Life's a bitch and then you live." - A line from the song "Cosmic Joker"
1994-07-14 - LIFE - In the grand scheme of cause and effect, it is far better to be a cause rather than an effect. One should strive to make one's environment a product of oneself rather than oneself being a product of one's environment.
1993-10-17 - LIFE - Cynicism doesn't provide answers, it simply mocks the questions.
2008-11-28 - RELIGION - Nature is a much better church - a much better place of worship.
2007-12-26 - RELIGION - When considering the vast mystery that is the Universe, with all its complexity of ironies and apparent contradictions, the only honest position to take is to not hold any belief too deeply.
2007-01-15 - RELIGION - Belief in the existence of a god is no excuse for belonging to a religion.
2004-12-12 - RELIGION - It's quite pathetic that certain religious adherents are so desperately trying to salvage explanations for the origin of life from their dusty old sacred texts.
2004-12-08 - RELIGION - The question is not who dares to claim to speak for God, but who dares to believe anyone who claims to speak for God.
2004-12-08 - RELIGION - It makes just about as much sense to believe that YOU are the messenger of God as it does to believe that any other person is the messenger of God.
2004-11-27 - RELIGION - Intolerance must not be tolerated.
2004-11-22 - RELIGION - Expect the evil ones to be the ones calling themselves righteous, and expect the righteous ones to be the ones too humble to make that claim.
2004-11-02 - RELIGION - Faith is the basest of human qualities.
2004-09-06 - RELIGION - Freedom of thought versus freedom from thought. Freedom loving freaks versus fascism loving faithful. You choose.
2004-07-25 - RELIGION - You'd better believe we're in a raging war against ignorance.
2003-05-10 - RELIGION - It fascinates me that some people find the idea of reincarnation so implausible when life itself is so completely implausible to begin with.
2003-04-06 - RELIGION - It's gods all the way up.
2003-03-16 - RELIGION - Evil is relative.
2003-03-16 - RELIGION - There is always a higher power than that which we regard as the highest.
2002-12-21 - RELIGION - There need to be strict term limits imposed on deities.
2002-09-14 - RELIGION - There's no such thing as a 'holy' war
2002-09-02 - RELIGION - It's ironic that those who are the most opposed to the notion of evolution are also those who are most opposed to the process of evolution.
2001-08-06 - RELIGION - Common sense must prevail over blind faith.
2000-12-29 - RELIGION - Atheists are people who believe in the god Athos.
2000-05-16 - RELIGION - Ignorance is bris.
1999-08-15 - RELIGION - Prophecy is just another form of marketing.
1999-04-23 - RELIGION - The decay of morality is different from the decay of coerced organized thought systems. The death of religious fundamentalism and puritanism does not translate to wholesale immorality.
1999-01-13 - RELIGION - Enlightenment is not so much about finding one big answer as it is about becoming familiar with many small questions.
1993-11-29 - RELIGION - Prophecy is the work of those who have such an inflated idea of their own insights and intuitions that they regard their forecasts as being completely infallible.
2008-10-05 - POLITICS - Capitalism best serves those with capital.
2009-02-21 - POLITICS - Far more dangerous than a unified populace is a unified elite.
2007-08-30 - POLITICS - I don't hate America. It's precisely because I care about America that I want it to clean up its act. That's why I'm so hard on it.
2007-11-22 - POLITICS - You can't spell "turmoil" without "oil"
2007-01-05 - POLITICS - Soon we'll have an army so big, we can fight the whole world.
2005-06-19 - POLITICS - Since when was fascism an American value?
2005-06-17 - POLITICS - When you take a wrong turn, is it wise to "stay the course"?
2005-03-17 - POLITICS - Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what your country can do for me.
2005-03-17 - POLITICS - When considering legal protection of the rights of minorities, we should keep in mind that the individual is the ultimate form of minority.
2005-02-04 - POLITICS - What's the use of a flag if you can't burn it?
2005-01-16 - POLITICS - America desperately needs original voices that are not the product of the conveyor belt of brainwashing that is mainstream American media.
2004-12-13 - POLITICS - Where does one draw the line between necessary branding and promotion of one's nation, and runaway, completely out of control fascistic propaganda?
2004-11-18 - POLITICS - George W Bush has brought more shame on the office of president of the United States by invading Iraq than Bill Clinton brought on the office of president by receiving a blow job in the Oval Office.
2004-11-11 - POLITICS - It's inevitable that the global projection of overwhelming military force would be reciprocated by the global projection of overwhelming terrorist brutality. The two go hand-in-hand.
2004-11-03 - POLITICS - When it gets to the point where you can't say that the empire is crumbling, trust me, the empire is crumbling.
2004-09-05 - POLITICS - Apparently, most Americans are more afraid of a few terrorists than they are of fascism establishing itself in this country.
2004-08-10 - POLITICS - What people believe to be true influences what is in fact true. Deceitful claims are used to help manifest conditions that later validate those deceitful claims.
2004-07-21 - POLITICS - Terrorism should be viewed as an enemy in a phenomenon, not an enemy in a people.
2004-05-27 - POLITICS - So far, the far right have been so far wrong.
2004-05-27 - POLITICS - America's greatest weakness is its perception of great strength.
2004-05-26 - POLITICS - When the future power of a nation is not fully anticipated at the time of formation of its core structures of government, then its government will inevitably not employ sufficient checks and balances to protect against the ultimate wholesale corruption of that government.
2004-01-21 - POLITICS - America needs to show its true colors. And these are not red, white, and blue, as some may have you believe. Rather, they are the many shades of flesh: from the palest pink to the blackest brown.
2004-01-21 - POLITICS - Never trust or revere your country too much. Runaway patriotic fervor is what got Germany into its Nazi predicament. The equivalent of Nazi Germany can happen anywhere. No country is immune. Any democracy can be unravelled. And the rats are constantly at work, gnawing at the edges.
2003-04-28 - POLITICS - Conservatives are the heels of humanity that are being dragged.
2003-04-25 - POLITICS - Don't blame 9/11. Blame America's response to it.
2003-04-21 - POLITICS - The forces of aristocracy didn't wane at the onset of democracy. They simply adapted to a new reality.
2003-04-04 - POLITICS - What's the use of a "democracy" that's really just a monarchy where the people get to vote for a king?
2003-03-14 - POLITICS - It's really not about the bad guys versus the good guys. It's really about the bad guys versus the other bad guys, and we're just caught in the middle.
2003-03-06 - POLITICS - The US has the might to do whatever it wants.
2003-01-07 - POLITICS - Pride, arrogance, and conceit are regarded by many to be negative qualities. Yet those very same people so eagerly wrap these qualities up together in a neat little package they like to call "patriotism".
2002-11-07 - POLITICS - The political spectrum spans between two opposite poles: left and wrong.
2002-10-05 - POLITICS - War on "terror"? How about a fucking war on AIDS!!!
2002-10-05 - POLITICS - We'd all be much safer in a police state. Vote Bush for dictator.
2002-09-19 - POLITICS - I don't really have a problem with propaganda. It's impropaganda that I'm opposed to.
2002-09-12 - POLITICS - Rampant patriotism is a sure sign that everthing's going to hell in a handbasket.
2002-08-10 - POLITICS - Would you rather live in an absolutely crime free world and have absolutely no privacy, or live in a mostly crime free world and have mostly complete privacy?
2002-06-17 - POLITICS - Trust in government is a most dangerous affliction.
2002-01-27 - POLITICS - The health of humanity... or the obscene wealth of a privileged elite? You choose.
2001-06-06 - POLITICS - Bushes don't unite, they divide. Why do you think they use them to make hedges?
2000-12-19 - POLITICS - George W Bush is missing more than just a middle initial.
2004-11-26 - LANGUAGE - You can't spell analyst without "anal".
2004-11-25 - LANGUAGE - Just how gently is urgently, exactly?
2003-07-10 - LANGUAGE - That the word "irony" also means "made or consisting of iron" is the perfect irony.
2002-09-15 - LANGUAGE - You can't spell "smother" without "mother".
2002-06-25 - LANGUAGE - It's no coincidence that room and womb whyme.
2002-01-27 - LANGUAGE - If getting laid is such a good thing, and getting off is such a good thing, then how come getting laid off is such an utterly lousy thing?
1996-09-04 - LANGUAGE - How come people can have an 'alter ego' but not an 'alter id'?
2005-02-09 - SEX & RELATIONSHIPS - You blame me, and I blame you. But, in truth, the fault lies in neither you nor I alone, but rather in the combination of us.
2004-10-14 - SEX & RELATIONSHIPS - Ok, I'm a sexual pervert. And I'm just not getting enough perversion in my life with you. I can't go on like this anymore, I'm sorry. We have to break up.
2004-09-08 - SEX & RELATIONSHIPS - Why are people so hung up on "till death do us part"? After all, wouldn't you much rather have your marriage end in divorse than have your marriage end in death?
2001-02-15 - SEX & RELATIONSHIPS - Someone: "Don't you feel at all guilty about sleeping with the enemy?" Someone else "Well, I tried sleeping with friends and I got fucked pretty bad."
1999-10-17 - SEX & RELATIONSHIPS - Ah, divorce. You know, I'd rather give someone half of my money than give them half of my soul.
1999-??-?? - SEX & RELATIONSHIPS - Last night I was trying to have sex, but my Internet connection kept going down.
1999-??-?? - SEX & RELATIONSHIPS - Don't ask me to read between your lines.
1996-05-03 - SEX & RELATIONSHIPS - When life gets you down, masturbate.
1996-03-01 - SEX & RELATIONSHIPS - Some people say that love sucks. I wish that my love sucked.
2009-01-12 - CORPORATE LIFE - Corporations are useless instruments unless they serve the purpose of man, and unless the purpose of man is determined.
2009-01-12 - CORPORATE LIFE - The rise of the corporation is a quiet process of the handover of power from democratic governments to the wealthy elite, and an admission that democracy is not the most lucrative means of organizing humans.
2009-02-10 - CORPORATE LIFE - You need to build a budget (in time and money) to fight, or you'll be taken for a ride... and not to any place you'd particularly like to go.
2007-09-25 - CORPORATE LIFE - What I like most about advertising, is just how much it smells of desperation.
2004-08-21 - CORPORATE LIFE - Why retire when you can just jump off a cliff?
2004-04-25 - CORPORATE LIFE - Good businesses are better at making money than good technologies.
2003-01-08 - CORPORATE LIFE - You can't spell 'bankrupt' without 'krupt'.
2002-08-09 - CORPORATE LIFE - From what I have observed, Lee's appears to be a huge multinational enterprise.
2002-08-09 - CORPORATE LIFE - A balance must be struck between a company's desire for you to be a robot, and your desire to be a human being.
2001-12-15 - CORPORATE LIFE - I spent more than five years of my life working for a non-profit organization. And all along they weren't even registered as a non-profit !
2001-12-03 - CORPORATE LIFE - While the most publicly outspoken critic of a democratic nation may be someone living in that nation, do you suppose that the most publicly outspoken critic of a corporation could be someone working in that corporation?
2001-08-31 - CORPORATE LIFE - The word "mainstream" too often means a rather small number of greedy and ethically bankrupt people ripping off a rather large number of foolish and gullible people.
2001-08-31 - CORPORATE LIFE - Debt collection agencies love to get you in arrears (which is a polite way of saying "fuck you up the ass").
2001-01-30 - CORPORATE LIFE - It sucks to be at the mercy of a company that has no mercy.
2001-01-18 - CORPORATE LIFE - Every economic crisis brings economic opportunity.
2000-02-22 - CORPORATE LIFE - It's not a done deal until the deal is done.
1999-10-14 - CORPORATE LIFE - Much as I respect the virtues of frugality, resourcefullness, and modesty, the true art is not so much learning to be the world's best penny pincher, but rather the worst's greatest fortune grabber.
1999-10-01 - CORPORATE LIFE - I'm under a lot of work at pressure.
2002-12-22 - ART & MUSIC - Doodle-script: a little bit like speaking in tongues, but more like writing in fingers.
2001-04-05 - ART & MUSIC - When painting with real paint and brush I may not have infinite undo, but my paintings never crash... and they never need to be rebooted.
2001-03-19 - ART & MUSIC - Music is a catalyst for normal life functions, whereas video is obstructive to normal life functions. Music integrates into your life experience, whereas video acts as a substitute for your life experience.
2001-03-25 - ART & MUSIC - Music is the soundtrack to the evolution of mankind.
1999-??-?? - ART & MUSIC - I'd like to get a refund of all the time I've wasted in my life watching lousy movies.
1997-10-06 - ART & MUSIC - Musical notes exceed my expectations and overwhelm me with a wealth of possibilities. Sonic textures baffle me with their perpetuous possibilities. I am at a loss as to what to do with it all. Where does all the music come from? Mmmmmmmmmmmm...........bulbous.